An African Heart

An African Heart

Thursday, January 31, 2013


Just thought I would share a little story. The glorious joys of missionary work. Learning the hard way and undergoing real testing is sometimes the way your testimony can grow the fastest. I am thankful for what happened.
This past week, a man stopped me, looked me in the eyes and said, "There is no God, you are wasting your time. You should be home getting drunk, smoking, and (breaking the law of chastity, but he said it much more crudely). Go home, give this up, quit carrying around a heavy backpack and go home." No joke, he said that to my face. I looked him back in the eye, and confidently bore my testimony about how I CHOSE to come out here, I will NEVER go home until my time is up, and I KNOW that God lives, and no force in the Universe will make me deny it. He respected my testimony and gave us his business card, wants to meet sometime :)
I know this is the truth. I could do anything the Lord commanded, and I will. Often tho, the Lord sees if we will do the small and simple things. Will we read our scriptures daily? Will we get to the temple? Will we pray every morning and night on our knees, and speak to our Father who so much desires to speak with us? Most of us won't be called to be an apostle, a prophet, or a martyr. Yet our judgment must be derived from what we were faced with and what we did with it. I love you all, just thought i would share this story :)
Love, Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment