An African Heart

An African Heart

Friday, August 24, 2012

From Elder Arineitwe



Dear,
Dad, You have already sent to me some thing more than a camera.
 Your love, prayers and constant reply to my emails. There is nothing l can ever compare to that. Indeed the Lord's commandments are to be obeyed. l have never received am email from home. some friends from my home ward wrote for the first two weeks and they stoped, even though l try to write to them. Yet even though you have never seen me you have kept writing to me. Even the brave need to feel loved and cared about. To me, l will still choose the right because l know it's Right. But l can not denay the fact that am human. Any way compared to this work, all that does not really take much of my time. Though some times l think about home, and cry. Why? Because when l go back home, l will take the Gospel there. l plan on doing family history, l plan on taking the restored gospel home. l know with out a doubt that the Lord has a work for me to do in the village back home.
Riruta is doing well. However, in East Africa as a whole, we are taking baby steps dropping traditions of the world and adopting the tradition of the church. That is mostly what we are dealing with here in Riruta. Growth comes slow in individuals, it's not like l used to think.
 l have a  very obedient companion, We have been companions for 13 days now. l have come to know that mission is helping me and others to come to Christ.  We live near the chapel. its about a 20 minutes walk.
Love, son.




Hello Elder Arineitwe Son,
So how is it going in Riruta?  I looked at the area on the satellite map.  I found the chapel on nyakinyua road.  Do you live next to that chapel?  Things are going good here.  We are going to visit my mother next week.  It will be good to see her.  Conrad was made District Leader in Kilungu area.  He likes that area a lot because it gets colder at night.  Probably it's more like Idaho temperatures at night.  I asked President Broadbent if it was okay to send you a camera and he said we cannot do that.  We cannot send big or more costly gifts.  But I asked if we could still send care packages, especially pistachios, and he said that would be fine.  So we will do that!  I wish we could provide you with a camera, but we will be obedient to the Mission President too.  I think about you many times during the week and pray for you.  I send my love and Priesthood blessings to you there so you are sustained and comforted and feel the warmth of the Spirit.  Stay strong and obedient.  We love you.  The Lord loves you.  May our Father in Heaven watch over you.
Love
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment