An African Heart

An African Heart

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hey wonderful family :)

So I haven't really had time to read your emails all the way or respond to them because it's been a very busy day here in the office. I was surprised when I looked up at the clock and it was 6 already! So I didn't email today, but I wanted to atleast include some things that need to be said.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS JESSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone and their dogs knew that you would succeed, and I personally love you and am proud to call you my sister. I know the rest of the fam feels the exact same way :) YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Second, I just want the family to know that I sustain and support President Hicken in every way possible. He is a man called of God and I am 100% loyal to him. Just because it was tough a bit to adjust to his style and sustain every decision he makes, I have quickly come to see how inspired he is. I have also learned the lesson that we do NOT criticize the Lord's anointed. God called him, so who am I to disagree with a decision he makes? As his assistant I will give my counsel and opinion, then when he makes the decision, I will support it as if I made it myself because he has the keys from the Lord, given to him under the hand of Jeffrey R. Holland last month. So I just wanted it to be very very clear that I sustain and support President Hicken in every way. Besides that, he is coming to be a very good friend of mine. I love him and his wife and they are great people who have given ALOT to the Lord. They really dropped everything and came to serve here in Kenya. Great people and i love them :)

Third, I love you guys ALOT! Not finding faults in my past companions as Elder Mulondo has helped me to do has opened my eyes. I am seeing all the good my past companions did for me. They were wonderful and I thank the Lord for them and their help to me. Without any one of them I wouldn't have an attribute that I now have. I have a testimony of speaking good of people. I'm not trying to brag, but since the day Elder Mulondo and I talked about it, I haven't talked bad of my companion once. I mention that because it is possible for all of us IF we exercise serious will power and reliance on the Lord through prayer and scripture study. I don't mean any of this in a prideful way, because there are a billion things i can work on, and in the world i'm just another person. But i know that God loves me as His son, and that the Lord loves me as His own brother. I know it is way more important to help others than help myself, and i hope i can do that better. I love you guys sooooo much and I am always happy to be in your family. Let's stay positive :)

We're taking off to Eldoret tomorrow and we'l be back on Thursday, so i will try to email then. Love you all times infinity and beyond. You guys bring me the greatest happiness I feel :)

Love always, Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment