An African Heart

An African Heart

Thursday, April 19, 2012


I heard about Romney. In fact, I am probably more updated than you! Our Elder's quorum President is obsessed with American politics, and gives me regular updates on the race :) hahaha!!!! I'm more informed than I have ever been on politics, and I don't even have to do anything. 
I am glad life there is good. My Easter dinner was the BOMB man... those sunflower seeds hit the spot all the time. By the way, what is Grandma June's address? I gotta send that letter.. but I lost the address. Oops! Also, is it possible to send "The Other Side of Heaven" in a package? It's for a Nigerian elder here. He really wants it. He can pay us back... I think.
Ok I want you to share this with the fam, it's something I realized in my personal study. It really came in the form of personal revelation though. It just flowed out of my mind as I was studying the scriptures, and it kinda scared me how fluidly it came. Here it is:
Read Alma 48:16. Ok so you see how Moroni is a hero? Well it is because of his desires. Anybody can pretend to be a hero, but he was a hero for real because his desires were so pure! And I realized, what makes a powerful man? Pure desires! And then, as I began to write in my study journal, I just wrote this. Ha ok, "Desire is one of the strongest forces, if not the strongest, in the Universe. All actions stem from desire. All results come from a root of desire. If one can plead with God and exercise self-discipline to purify desire, one becomes a natural, uncharactered Saint, who instinctively saves the world by doing what they FEEL to be right, not just KNOW to be right. To do right by knowing can be rote; to do right by feeling means the Godhead is there with you, because at that point, your desires are pure and so are you. Pray to purify desires, then live as though they are. God will work a miracle inside of you." WOO!!!! Now read Alma 48:17. I have no doubt that our family can achieve that. I love you all so much! Remember, "coincidence" and "convenient" are bad words. They diminish our awareness of God's involvement in our lives! He is there Dad, and He is alive and well :)
STORYTIME!!!! We were riding a piki piki to an area called Tongaren, about 20 to 25 minutes from Naitiri. On our way, the rain (becoming notorious) picked up. At first, a light rain with big rain drops. Then in a flash, hail and HARD rain. Within seconds, literally seconds we were soaked and getting pelted. I yelled at the driver over the torrent, "We need to find cover!!!" Then I remembered, "Oh ya, he probably doesn't speak English." Well my Swahili isn't that good yet, so I just yelled and laughed like a mad-man and so did Elder Arineitwe. hahahah we were having a blast and it hurt!! The driver was smart enough to pull into a yard and we just ran in the house. Because Luuyas are so nice, they let us come in and we just chilled there (literally) for about 30 minutes, then decided that we were already wet, and the rain had died down, so we went! We got to Tongaren, went to our appointment, and this guy was prepared by the Lord. He and his family we are meeting again. Our teaching pool and branch referrals are growing Dad, all  because of the mercy of the Lord :) "This kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting", right? Well, prayer and fasting are powerful. Geez, everything is just so real out here. I can't wait to get home and just do good. And I mean it, this is not empty talk. When I get home, I am going to be involved and active, and get Ben totally ready for his mission.
With tons of love for you and the fam, 
Elder Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment