An African Heart

An African Heart

Thursday, April 19, 2012


Jessica!!!!!
Life here is flippin awesome too!!! Just like you love your new roommate (and tell Kelsey I said hi and I love her and I am thankful for her support she gives you and I am so proud of her for serving a mission... whew that was a run-on...), I love my new companion. We are so dang close, and only in 3 weeks. His name is Elder Arineitwe from Uganda, and he is incredible. He comes from a Muslim home, and he totally converted. Over here, if a Muslim converts to Christianity, they are usually stoned for it. But his grandfather started Islam in his village in Uganda, so he was spared. I pray that his family will change too. He came out without any support whatsoever (except for kind of his mother) and at first it was hard for him. But now he is awesome. I am trying so hard to be like a big brother to him, and it is paying off :) You could send him a letter, it would cheer him up. Same address as mine, just address it to "Elder Habibu Arineitwe" instead of me ok? I showed him your pic, he said you were beautiful and that you deserved to be told that. haha!! He is so great.
Your apartment looks AWESOME!!!! And of course I would love to see pictures! I can easily tell you are excited beyond measure about it, and I would love to see more pictures :) I will be sending you personal emails now, no worries. My typing speed has increased dramatically from this weekly workout so I usually have time to send sufficient emails. 
Hey, but have dad send you his email so you can read the little snippit I wrote about "desire". It is kinda cool, and it just came to me during personal study one day. It may not be cool, but I thought it was... maybe... oops... 
By the way, I am writing a letter to you soon. Stamps are expensive tho :P
Well.... not much else to report on... except that I FLIPPIN LOVE YOU!!!!! Oh ya, and the other night, due to the loss of power, I washed my clothes by candlelight, then showered by candle light! hahahaha I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! no sarcasm, I really do :)
With so much love that I have to use the bathroom,
Elder Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment