An African Heart

An African Heart

Tuesday, September 4, 2012


Momma!!!

You can call me boy even if I am 100 years old. If you happen to be living when i am that old then you have total license to call me boy. Because you, are my, MOTHERRRRR!!!!!
And i can't wait to snuggle :)

I love you Momma, and you have a connection with the Spirit as our mother that we as your children cannot match. The Spirit works with mothers like no others! Just know that you are doing what you are supposed to do. You will be rewarded Heavenly for the service you give and the sacrifices you make. That is an eternal principle. So keep it up, we all love you sooooooooooo much :) :) Especially me!!!

As for the river rafting, i am envying but also not envying. I will be excited to come do those things again, but i know that if i went to do them now, i would never live down the fact that i left while i was supposed to serve. I know you aren't asking me to leave, but i'm just saying. I want to be here, and there is nowhere i am going until i have served the full 2 years. This is where i'm needed and this is where i will stay. No questions in my mind :)

SPICES!! Ok we have garlic, black pepper, cayenne, and that's just about it. I would love some meat seasonings, that would make me happy. Also, I would like things that go with any meal. Like... well i will leave it up to Mommy. No matter how good i get at cooking out here, i can't come close to rivaling you. In fact i tell Elders all the time out here, "No meal here will compare to my Mom's cooking." They try and argue it, but i have never budged. Sometimes i reminisce about Thanksgiving and oh....... my stomach growls and i yearn for squash and brown sugar and marshmallows and broccoli with cheese and turkey and cranberry and taters and AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Ok..... gotta calm down. That feast is atleast a year and 4 months away. Can you tell i miss your cooking?

Besides all that Momma, we worked hard this week in the hills. We have some fantastic investigators that will be baptized. The branch president here told me that he is so thankful for our service and that he is so excited to see the branch growing. He is an amazing branch president and sacrifices a ton to do his duty. I love my district leader duties too!
The district is really strong and work gets done. I may get a new companion next week, transfers are coming. I will let you know next week what happens ok?

Love you forever Momma, All is well here :) And guess what? I will talk to you in less than 4 months! WOO!! Start the countdown. That is my one year mark too. Who said 2 years is long?! The only 3 material things i am missing are the temple, Mexican food, and pianos. But 2 years without them is worth the blessings coming to Kenyan and American alike :)
Love you Mom, you are my hero :)

Love, Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment