An African Heart

An African Heart

Monday, February 27, 2012


Storytime!! Ok so the other Elders in my flat were... let's say not following the rules. That is a huge challenge for me, when the other Elders, who are supposed to live highly, live in the world. Ya, these challenges happen even on mission. They are even harder on mission too. So I went in the bedroom alone and sat on the ground and started to wash my clothes by hand. Before that I had cleaned the house, asked them to stop multiple times, been slightly ridiculed and mocked, and it was hard!! Discouraged I washed my clothes, and my comp asked if I was ok. I bluntly said no, because they were all breaking the rules big time. He left the room quietly. I then knelt and pleaded with God that he would do something, anything to cure this problem. I felt like Alma the elder praying for Alma the Younger. And guess what? 20 minutes later they came in, apologized, broke the CD of bad music so it would never be played again, and the Spirit came back strongly. That, my dear brother, is prayer in action. The Lord is there, it's so obvious. No matter how you feel He is there. And comfort is one prayer away (with some waiting). Ask in faith Benjamin, and it will be granted to you :)
Story 2: riding in a matatu, and I saw the African equivalents to you, me, and Gehrig. Older brother with glasses, laughing with younger brother next to him, and a funny looking third kid who they laughed with. hahahahahahaha oh ya... made me a little sad, and a lot laughy!!! Another tender mercy of the Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment