An African Heart

An African Heart

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy mackerel says it all. So, without further ado, "Holy mackerel."

I'M BACK IN BUSINESS BABY!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!! and i am LOVING being out in the field again. It feels absolutely wonderful. I have the Spirit with me all the time, and when I don't I know exactly what I need to do or repent for to get Him back. Being close to President Hicken has been the best thing for my life and mission. I will be eternally grateful for President Hicken. I love him so much.

Every lesson we have taught so far, including Sunday ones where they asked me to speak, I can feel the Spirit working through me. The Spirit has even given me discernment to peoples feelings and thoughts. I'm not even joking. I was teaching something in Elder's Quorum about being an ensign to the nations. The Spirit was with me, as the Lord so graciously grants me when I ask, and i was prompted to mention what they were thinking and feeling. they even affirmed that it was indeed what they were feeling and thinking. It was a very special experience. I know what the Spirit feels like and how He speaks to me now. I will definitely continue to hone my sensitivity to His voice, but I have to thank my God for how good He has been to me. He loves me so much, and obviously you too. He is so good to us. The blessings just never stop coming. I never want to stop serving, and it's going to absolutely break my heart to leave my mission. Among the countless blessings, i am happy that I have just been able to be an instrument in His hands.

We even found a BIG family in just these 4 days since I came! They WANT to learn about why there are so many churches and how we can know the right one!! They, in essence, ASKED for the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ!!! That is no coincidence. We are meeting them again next Sunday to discuss the restoration. We will commit them to baptism as well, all 10 or so of them. Speaking as you brother and son, I am honestly overwhelmed and I cry when I ponder on the fact that the Lord will use us to do His work. He doesn't need to! He could do it Himself! but He lets us grow and receive the blessings from His work. That He would allow me to serve Him here in Kenya is overwhelming. I love the Lord so much. He is my friend and Savior.

We are heading off to an appointment now, but thanks a billion for the package, I got it and I have been enjoying it with my companions. that shirt is AWESOME JESSIE!!!!!! People have offered to trade, buy, and steal it already!!! But all three offers were denied. It's special to me :)

And MOTAB!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE AND LITERALLY A PRAYER ANSWERED!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!! i'm bummed that the whole family can't come, but we can still be in Utah together for some time. That idea, of a road trip and small vacation together melts my heart :)

I hope you know I love you all with all my heart and more. I am willingly obedient and I love the Lord and His Gospel. This Church is true. Please let me know how each of you are doing. I want to hear from you as my mission is nearing an end. Love you all :)

Love always,
Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment