An African Heart

An African Heart

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Second to Last

that... is a weird thing to type. and even weirder to think about.

This week went fantastic. Sunday the branch President wanted us to have a missionary sunday, and it went AMAZING!! I gave a talk, taught the adults Gospel essentials class, and also taught Relief Society. The spirit was so strong, especially because we were also fasting as a branch for missionary work to pick up. I have faith that it will. Maybe I will be gone, but it will pick up. if i can just prepare the field for harvesting, then I will be happy when future missionaries here harvest. We had NINE less active members at church on sunday and 5 investigators. We got 3 on baptismal date this week, 15th of December :) Happy birthday Jessie :) Elder Beacom and I are working really well together, so I am super happy about that.

I have no time this week, but I want you all to know that I love you very much. I have a testimony of the necessity of application of Gospel living. Faith without works is dead. Even a drunkard can say that he believes in Jesus Christ, but it is our actions and words and appearance which set us apart from the rest. We are, as Paul said, a "peculiar people". The greatest commandment is to first love God with everything that we are. Next, second only to loving our Almighty and Omnipotent God, is to love our neighbor. Make sure we have love within the family please. We are together eternally. When we learn to love celestially now, Heaven comes much closer. Love you all with all my heart. Please know that I really do have high expectations for our family because I am a witness of the blessings He has given us. they are uncountable, trust me, I will explain more when I see you all in 2 weeks. Go to the temple. Read your scriptures every day. Pray to the Lord and speak to your Father as you would speak to our Dad, Dale. Observe strictly the Sabbath day. And know that I love you forever. See you soon :)

With eternal love for you all, Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment