An African Heart

An African Heart

Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Dad!
Dad, you are the best Father I could ask for. I really and truly use things You taught me EVERY DAY of my mission!! God is shaping me into the man He wants me to be, and I have my basis from you. Thru eternity, you were my first and lasting example :) as for my worthiness, yes. I am staying as worthy as I can possibly be. When the other elders are breaking a rule or two - no. I am doing my absolute best to be exactly obedient to the white handbook and to what you have taught me. Rules are a must, and I would never challenge my Father on Earth or in Heaven by breaking rules. Like Gordon B. Hinckley said - Permissiveness never produced greatness. Likewise, disobedience never produced a Saint. I am able to give Priesthood blessings wherever I need to. I don’t say any of this to brag, but to reassure and praise my God for His mercy to me, His son. I have given 2 healing blessings to Elders out here so far. Both were solemn. 
As you know, I have been strengthening my relation with Father and Jesus Christ. And especially seeking and striving for the leadership of the Holy Ghost. and today, as I gave the second of 2 healing blessings, I literally felt the holy Ghost speaking thru me. I finally recognized Him!!! This, I feel, is god's direct answer to prayer, for I prayed that He would help me recognize and work with the Holy Spirit!  Anyway, I gave the blessing and just cried as I did because I knew Heavenly Father was right next to me, giving me the words. It was incredible. I then went into a room alone and thanked Him, and I have never felt Him so close. Even now, He is watching me. It is so comforting :)
Dad, we will be together soon enough. Can you see how fast the weeks fly by? Let me tell you - fast. DUH!! Look up this talk by Holland "An Ensign to the Nations". And guess what? WE can live like the apostles!! We can live the "Higher law" as taught by Jesus Christ and as mentioned in the white missionary handbook!!
Questions: Read Matthew 22:14 with JST too, What is the wedding garment? And read John 21 whole chapter. Look at verses 17 and 25. Doesn't that sound so real? It is a testimony that a man really wrote those words! One who actually knew Jesus. That is so cool to me!
I also bought some orange marmalade at the store. just cuz it reminded me of you. I don't even like it that much haha!
Well I love you dad. you are my bestest buddy. You are always my dad, for eternity and I love you with all that I am.
Love your Sonny boy, Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment