An African Heart

An African Heart

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Letter to Young Men's President

The Young Men's President in our ward wrote to Conrad and this is Conrad's response.




Brother Barnes!!!!
Man!! Itis good to hear from you!! Excuse the grammatical errors please i am typing fast. But thank you for your testimony. Preach on my friend. I am feeling the same way, and that confirmation that the Lord is there for real, and that prayer works is becoming known to me. I have given a few blessings out here and i am finally, thru the grace of Almighty God, recognizing the Spirit and learning to follow. 4 times already, the power was out, and the power of God thru prayer turned the power on. Insane huh? 4 times!! Thank you brother barnes, i love you and hold you in highest respect. I can see you were and are still a real live missionary - what every man hopes to be.
As for my fellow young men - OH YEAH!! You guys better be spiritually ripped by the time i get back. Just because i left doesn't mean i don't think of you. i love you all so much, and i want you to know this- the Savior of the world is more than on object in a book we worship, or a name we say. He was a man, like Brother Barnes. He loved each of you as He suffered for you. He is nearer than you would ever imagine. I plead with you, follow the counsel i gave my brother Benjamin - seek to gain an undying relatuionship with the Savior. He is the only one who can be with you when you are in a foreign African nation, sitting in a mud hut, teaching a toothless man who speaks Bukusu and no english. Ya, He is real. That i know. 
i love you all, thank you President Barnes. Please tell Jacob to write me. preferably not email, a letter. i love him so much, he is my best friend and i want to hear from him too. Love you guys,
Conrad!

No comments:

Post a Comment