An African Heart

An African Heart

Tuesday, March 13, 2012


Jessie-cuh!
Ok confession - I SHOOK HANDS WITH A MONKEY!!! Ya, seriously. So sorry 'bout that! But you are so awesome. Are you doing well? And how are Ben and Daniel? I want you all to be alright. As long as you all are good, I am great!!
STORYTIME!! These people invited us to go to their church to teach something, and wow. For the first time, I was hit with the realization that I am in Africa. They were singing tribal songs and singing in Swahili and swaying and stuff, and it was really peaceful, but wow. This was all in a mud house by the way. Ya... never thought I would be the one in those places you see in documentaries. They were all dressed fairly normal, but man. This is Africa :) Ha and the preacher kept saying "shalom" and everybody would repeat it. hahaha it means peace. But he gave us time to teach, and we (4 elders) bore witness of this church. We were bold, and the preacher attended church that Sunday. We are meeting with him tomorrow; I’ll tell you what happens :)
Patrick said no :( the Book of Mormon confuses him, and he wants time to think about it. So he said "I'll call you" which means another set of missionaries in the future will teach him. But you know what? It's not my job to baptize or convert. It's to give my siblings here the opportunity to hear and accept the Gospel. When we get to the Spirit World they will have had the chance. I hope beyond hope they accept in the future.
Read Mark 5:1-13. Specifically verses 7 and 8. Doesn't that sound like when Theoden was possessed by Saruman, and he's talking to Gandalf? Ya... totally came to my mind right in the middle of personal study time hahahaha!!!! I LOVE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!
WELL! Other than that, I still have not had the chance to send your letter. I have it all written, and I actually am going to write a more current one for you and send it soon. Dangit!! This place is primitive Jess, a whole new world. I miss you right now :( But things will be alright!! Life is good, and I have my eternal family to come home too. I need to forget myself and make that wonderful blessing of mine a reality for the people of Kenya. Be strong, keep going to the temple, never ever take that for granted ok? I love you so much :)
With a warm cup o' eternal love, Conners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment